Margolin & Lawrence is California’s leading cannabis law firm. Founded in 2009 by partners Allison B. Margolin and J. Raza Lawrence, our firm has helped hundreds of cannabis operators navigate California’s robust dual-track regulations over the past nine years. Margolin & Lawrence has obtained over 200 state and local cannabis licenses throughout California and one in Massachusetts.
Experience that counts
Our years of experience in successfully obtaining commercial cannabis licenses and successfully trying marijuana cases has provided us with the background and knowledge to help clients take their best shot at obtaining their cannabis licenses. Turn-key advising on all licensing applications, including all of the necessary components – from conditional use permits to pro-forms to community benefits. Our applications consistently earn top scores.
Licensing to compliance and everything in between we are a full-service shop for all of your cannabis business needs.
Margolin & Lawrence assists businesses with due diligence and staying up to date with the constant changes in state and local regulations to ensure our cannabis clients remain fully compliant with all state and federal laws.
Our cannabis compliance services include:
- State license application assistance
- Drafting and managing of operational plans to be submitted to states and municipalities for operational licenses
- Advice and counsel on local permitting and licensing processes
- Legal compliance audits
- Monitoring existing and changing state and local regulations for marijuana businesses
- Assist clients with power upgrades